one star flamezone kit

killerq

i am about to pull the trigger on the one star and i am going to purchase the flamezone retrofit kit as well. but i see that the small print says one star grills must use existing diffuser. If that is the case why is a diffuser included in the retro-fit kit. Maybe i am not looking at this correctly. Can someone shed some light on this for me. Thanks.

TentHunter

There is no diffuser included for the 1 Star FlameZone retro-fit kit. I believe the description was written for both the 1 & 2 star retro fit kits.

When you get the grill & FlameZone, keep the original blank drip pan. It sits 1 1/2" lower and in my opinion works better for low & slow cooking because it's farther away from the food.

What I do is use the blank pan for most things and use the FlameZone mainly when grilling, or if I'm using the MAK Griddle (the FlameZone heats the griddle very evenly & even better than the original pan).

The nice part is the blank drip pan & FlameZone are very quick & easy to swap out when you want. I love my MAK 1 Star!

killerq

i do plan on going through BP for this order but see below where my confusion comes from: This is verbiage from BP website when i click on the flamezone retrofit kit: Details
"Retro" Quick Change Grease Pan kit is for MAK 1 Star Grill owners (please select the appropriate type for your grill).

Increase your FlameZone(tm) cooking area by removing one or both of the FlameZone covers. This new kit comes with a frame in which to set your pan, FlameZone covers,heat diffuser and a cover removal tool. Instead of having to swap out the FlameZone pan for the Blank grease pan, all you have to do is remove the covers on the FlameZone

TentHunter

Yep, I saw that and can see how it could be a bit confusing.

That description verbiage was originally written that way because the retro-fit FlameZone kits for both the 1 & 2 Star's used to be on the same order page.

I just talked with Matt, and the BPS team is now aware of it and will be fixing it! Thanks for the heads up on that! :)

One more note to what I mentioned above: For grilling, the original grates work pretty well, but the MAK searing grates work even better.

Give BPS a call and Matt will get you hooked up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom