Pellet Burn

Rip

100 lbs annually...poser pellet cooker
400 lbs pellet smoker starter kit
1,000 real pelletsmoker
2,000 lbs Master pellet cooker or a very sick person!

And..
<20 lbs Should have started before Dec 25th!

Seriously, the Harley Owners Group gives awards for miles ridden...Pilots track hours flown to meet currency and certificate qualifications. We (lol, I mean BP), could have annual awards for the 1k+ club...ball caps?

Rip

Big Poppa

Administrator
Absolutely...I can track it through purchases. I know that you guys buy pellets all over but I can do my own customer appreciation award.
Like the Ball cap idea

MAK DADDY

Nice.

Pellet usage is kind of relative, while I use more pellets than I ever did propane, I also cook on my pellet grill more, and do things I never did on a gasser.

Things like pizza, bread, etc. I would never attempt on a gasser, these use more pellets but the results blow the indoor oven away. Low n slow is so good that we do butts just for ingredients, ribs are almost once a week.

Pellet grilling has totally changed the way we cook. I use the pellet grill 4-5 times a week and sometimes more.

I look at my pellet usage as a good thing and I plan to increase it.

That's exactly right, I don't know anyone with a pellet grill that used their gasser half as much especially me!

MAK 2 Star Consumption lbs/hr, smoke=.48, 200=.63, 300=1.25, 400=1.62, high=2.3

scooter

MAK DADDY said:
MAK 2 Star Consumption lbs/hr, smoke=.48, 200=.63, 300=1.25, 400=1.62, high=2.3

Well, this explains why I've been using less pellets with hot and fast vs low and slow.

16lb brisket low and slow at 225-250 for 14 hours: 14hrs x .75lb/hr = 10.5lbs of pellets
16lb brisket hot and fast at 325-350 for 4.5 hours: 4.5hrs x 1.5lb/hr = 6.75lbs of pellets

HoDeDo

really I think that we should set some guidelines

100 lbs annually...poser pellet cooker
400 lbs pellet smoker starter kit
1,000 real pelletsmoker
2,000 lbs Master pellet cooker or a very sick person!

Well, sick isnt the worst think I have been called, luckily, but you still have time. :)

Top Bottom