Pellet recommendation

scripts22

I didn't see a post on this...

Any suggestions on one pellet manufacturer over another? I have a Traeger Big Tex and have always used Traeger's pellets (usually oak or mesquite). Traeger tells you to stick with their pellets but I don't know if switching will void the warranty.

dnew

I use Smokin' Brothers and BBQ Delight pellets. The only big difference I encounter a bit more ash with SB but that is minor to me because I make it a practice to vaccum ash after any cook that lasts longer than about 4 hours. Cost is about the same. Pellets are somewhat a personal choice for most.

Mayn

I started with a bag of Traeger and then removed 3/4 of them from my hopper. Now I've been using Bear Mt. pellets which I seem to like. I just bought my first bag of bbq ers delight (hickory) so gonna give then a try in the near future. Seems the consensus is BBQers delight so if u can get em. Might as well use those.

Mayn

Oh, and btw, I went to a bbq comp today and all I saw there were stacks of BBQers delight by all the pros grill. So if say them are the choice of the pros.

Top Bottom