Pulled Pork-Part 2

pentree68

Good morning everyone. Couple of weeks ago I attempted my first pulled pork on my Traeger Lil Tex grill. As you recall everything went well but I posted the lack of taste in my finished product. Many of you gave me great tips to solve this.
Yesterday I attempted another pulled pork. I seasoned the pork more and injected. I ran the pork to 150 degrees then placed it inside an oven turkey bag with about a cup of liquid THEN wrapped all that tightly in aluminum foil then ran the temp to 205 degrees then wrapped it in a heavy towel inside my ice chest for 2 hours. It pulled perfect but before serving I took about a cup of the juice left in the turkey bag and poured it over the meat. Delicious! thanks for the tips especially saving some of the juice. served it on warm hogie buns along with a great tasting horseradish sauce. its all gone! yes i too was cheering for the 49ers--my son is a 49ers fan. 49ers and ravens would have been a good game. won't get too nuts watching giants and patriots again. thanks everybody. i do have another pulled pork question i'll post soon.
bobbie (pentree68)

sparky

Good morning everyone. yes i too was cheering for the 49ers. 49ers and ravens would have been a good game. won't get too nuts watching giants and patriots again.

i hear that. 49er fan heh bobbie. i knew i liked you from the get go. :) lately i have been wrapping my butts at 160° to 170° w/ 2 or 3 sheets of heavy foil. put them back on the grill until done. once i pull them off when done there is always alot of juice just produced from the butt itself. yummy stuff manard. i add my juice back in also. but not all of it.

Last edited:

RickB

i hear that. 49er fan heh bobbie. i knew i liked you from the get go. :) lately i have been wrapping my butts at 160° to 170° w/ 2 or 3 sheets of heavy foil. put them back on the grill until done. once i pull them off when done there is always alot of juice just produced from the butt itself. yummy stuff manard. i add my juice back in also. but not all of it.

Ditto to all this with one exception. There is usualy alot of fat in those juices so i pour it into a fat seperator while butt is resting. Then back onto pulled pork when i serve it. Yumm

Big Poppa

Administrator
I use the separator too I have one that is made out of glass like a lab instrument with a sieve on the top to filter the stuff too....

TentHunter

I use the separator too I have one that is made out of glass like a lab instrument with a sieve on the top to filter the stuff too....

Nice - I'm gonna look for a glass one like that. All I have are plastic ones I have to replace about once every year because they just don't hold up.

TentHunter

Nice job on your second try Pentree!

served it on warm hogie buns along with a great tasting horseradish sauce.

What kind of horseradish sauce did you end up using?

Since the thread about horseradish I've been thinking of trying to make a mayo & spicy mustard based horseradish sauce to try for the briskets I'll be cooking this upcoming weekend.

pentree68

TentHunter:
Didn't know if I could mention name brands or not but found Woeber's creamy horseradish sauce. not overpowering but you can still get the kick.

Top Bottom