Reheating Brisket, I think I have found the way!

flypig

I did a brisket yesterday and it came out amazing, one of my best efforts so far. But I wanted to bring some in to share with my team at work. I've never had any luck reheating brisket, but one of my guys has a Sous Vide machine. I asked him to bring it in.

After fully cooking the meat and letting it rest, I vacuum sealed a few big chunks and brought them in. We put them in the Sous Vide machine at 145 degrees for about 2 hours. The brisket lost the crispiness to the bark but the result was more amazing than I would have ever imagined. It did my heart good to see the BBQ sauce be completely ignored by pretty much everyone on my team.

I'm going to go get me one of these machines today!

Kite

We cut the dock lines and headed out cruising on our boat this year. But before we left, we smoked up a few huge loads of chicken, turkey, and pork. Then we sliced it and vacuum sealed it in 2 serving pouches and then froze them solid and flat. With this arrangement we were able to fill both of our freezers virtually solid with meat. To cook we just throw a bag in a pot of water on the stove, bring to a boil, turn the stove off, and let sit for 15 minutes. Then cut the bag open and either eat right out of the bag or add gravy, rice, vegetable, etc... It works out awesome when we are on passage and should work just as good at home. Smoked meat without ever starting up the smoker...

scooter

I do similar to what Kite does only I just put the bag into warm water for a few minutes. I don't bring to a boil.
My favorite way to reheat brisket is to make brisket chili!

flypig

I do a lot of trailer camping with my motorcycles. This seems to be the way to get bbq without doing it on-site. I have a nice propane grill on the trailer, (I'm NOT loading the Yoder)!

I have a nice spot for the unlimited hydroplane races in Pasco next year and wanted to pre-cook a bunch of stuff to take with. I am totally amazed at the product that came out of the Sous Vide and I'm going to get me one. It will also help with getting fresh veggies from the greenhouse to cook in a more healthy way.

It also matches the style the wifey and me have for camping. kind of like a crock pot but with much better results. Just grab vac sealed food and cook to your liking. Sear on the propane grill and eat up!

After this, i will have to be a nice chamber vac sealer.

Damn all you guys, I need a better vac sealer, a Sous Vide machine and I just got a new slicer. You guys are evil.;)

flypig

Thanks Kite, thankfully my wife totally supports my food hobbies. Mainly, she's the benefactor of most of my cooking. The vac sealer is definitely on the list of things for us to have. It will make putting up veggies from the greenhouse. (BIG greenhouse) much easier. We also make food for our dogs and need to have a chamber sealer to deal with the liquid content.

I got myself a nice Buck last weekend, right off the property! Other than the cuts I really want, most of that will become dog food for several months. Now if I can fill my Elk tag, I'll need another freezer.

Top Bottom