Rib Glue

Chili Head

I always use CYM on mine. My next rib experiment will have garlic evoo and plain evoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarterQ

Mustard always works well for me, garlic olive oil or cooking spray get the job done too. Play around with it and see what you like.

sparky

rip told me about using the evoo on his ribs. i think next time i will try it. i do love my yellow glue though. :)

jimsbarbecue

Depends. Mustard or oil depends on the flavor profile I want to end up with. If I am using just a commercial rub , mustard is used. If it is a one by one rub build then I use oil.

scooter

Everything I put on meat will add to the flavor profile, even the glue. I don't use anything that doesn't translate into flavor. For ribs, chicken, brisket, tritips etc I use worcestershire sauce (also adds umami, google it if you don't know what umami is) and Annie's Roasted Garlic EVOO as glue. On butts I prefer dark molasses as glue.

squirtthecat

I used some Molasses last time (was doing a bunch of butts so I had the bottle out). Worked pretty good, but adds a sweet/earthly flavor that might be a bit on the strong side.. Otherwise I use Carolina Treet.

I like Scooter's idea of using wooster sauce..

LTS

My last set I used some of Texas pepper Jelly products WOW Awesome

Rib Candy is probably my favorite

LTS

TentHunter

For me it depends on whether I want a heavy or a light coating of rub. If I want a heavier coating of rub I usually use CYM (Cheap Yellow Mustard). For a light coating, I just apply a light coating of rub after the ribs have been washed off.

Some people swear by vegetable spray, but I just don't care for the taste.

From time to time I'll use cider or malt vinegar (CYM & Worcestershire also contain vinegar). It adds flavor and supposedly helps open the pores of the meat allowing deeper penetration of the rub & smoke.

Seagar

Wow, Thank You all for the education. I'm just cutting my teeth on cooking BBQ and I really appreciate the help.

Big Poppa

Administrator
that frenches honey mustard is cool. Peanut oil is good on ribs. Olive oil on everything else. Pam works to Just want it to stick

Scallywag

CYM seems to work well on ribs, I also use it as glue for my steak rubs. I find it helps tenderizing the meat as well as adding a nice flavour profile.

Top Bottom