Ribs and a Chucky on the Yoder #11855

MossyMO

Here is the team members for the ribs. Did all 3 racks with the Balsamic Whiskey Glaze, 2 racks then got the Wee Willy's Whiskey Pepper (I love this combo) and the third rack I tried a cherry rub a friend of mine had made and sent me (this was very good on ribs).

-----

-----

Here is a pic with the ribs and the chucky an hour in to the smoke. The chucky was just a test project for a rub my wife is working on that she calls "Tatonka Dust".

-----

Here are the ribs getting foiled with a little schmear added to them.

-----

Here is the ribs after they had been removed from the foil and giving a little more rack time to firm up.

-----

Here is the chucky all pulled and ready for a future cook.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

ACW3

The ribs and the chucky all looked dynamite! I'll bet any leftover chucky would make some fine sammies. Nice cook!

Art

sparky

yo marty. what was the temp setting and time for your ribs? them are some of the nice ribs ya got there. good color, nice pull back. ;)

MossyMO

That all looks good, beef came out nice and moist, did you foil it?

yo marty. what was the temp setting and time for your ribs? them are some of the nice ribs ya got there. good color, nice pull back. ;) how was the flavor of the beef roast?

Thanks, the ribs I put on for an hour at 150º and then turned it up to 250º for the remainder of the cook. Around 3 hours I double foiled them and back on the grill for about 45 minutes. Then out of the foil and back on the grill for about 10 to 15 minutes to firm them up. As you can see the rear rack of cherry rubbed ribs got a little dark on the bottom side, not sure what happened there but still tasted great!

The chucky stayed on the grill until it was at 165º, then was moved to a foil pan with some onions and merlot. Pulled the chuckie when it hit 205º. Shredded and added back to the onion and merlot mix. Still haven't tried that, might have to go steal a fork full from the fridge...

Top Bottom