Saturday Smokin'

dc1956

I participated in a small backyard competition on Saturday. I ended up with 3rd in chicken and first in the open category plus had a great time even though it was cold (32 degrees when we started). I used pellets for everything expept the sirloin.

Boneless Chicken Breast
DSCF2021.jpg

Pork Loin
DSCF2027.jpg

Beef Sirloin
DSCF2029.jpg

Open Category- Tri Tip
DSCF2032.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dave

dc1956

Thanks guys. I am in Southeast Iowa. There are about 4 of these contests a year within 20 miles of me. They all work pretty much the same. Your entry fee includes the meat for the chicken, pork and beef categorys (10 pounds each). The event charges $5.00 per person to come and sample the barbeque for 4 hours and there is also a band that normally plays and plenty of frosty beverages for everyone. It is not any type of pro contest by any means but what I like about them is that everyone is there for a good time and if you win something great but if not it's OK because you got to spend all day amoung friends and pretty much everybody tells you how great your food is even if it's not so good. We had 7 teams at this one. The first one I did in August had 18. I was for the most part happy with my cooks but am already planning on what I can tweak for the first one next year in May.

dc1956

Thanks again everyone. My wife who is into crafty things did the boxes ( I'm a neanderthal when it comes to that stuff). I used my Stoven pellet grill with the Amazin' tube smoker for the chicken and tri tip, a cheapo brinkman with hickory pellets for the pork loin and a smokin hot Weber kettle for the sirloin. It was a long day but a great time.

Dave

TentHunter

They all look pretty tasty, but that pork loin really caught my eye.

Hey, I want to see some pics of your Stoven in use!

Top Bottom