Since you got into Pellets, just how lonely is your gasser?

MikeB

I cleaned up my Weber gas grill last weekend and cooked steak. It was great and fast too. It still has some use in my limited cooking.

Deb

my husband asks on a fairly regular basis when I'm going to sell it..... I use it to set things on, house for giant spiders

HoDeDo

My gasser died many moons ago.. when the rotisserie spit on it seized with a prime rib on it during Christmas... the subsequent fire was hot enough to melt the aluminum cast housing of the side, the stainless lid and front contained the flames and saved the covered porch.

BUT, my pellet pits, have left my non gassers collecting dust... I have a couple webers, a hasty bake, and a BGE. My egg gets use, but the charcoal pits that are more "traditional" end up sitting... I need more time so I can keep all the pits happy. :) The Hasty Bake is cooking machine!!! I sigh everytime I walk past it and wipe the dust off... I may have to fire it up this week, just because.

My favorite pit right now is my Cookshack Charbroiler.I am trying to learn it... the grates in weigh about 25lbs each, and it can do amazing things to a flank steak. :) trying all kinds of things.. cast iron RULES! It definately isnt a smoker...

The MAK looks pretty cool, would love to have a cold smoke chamber and the controller looks sweet! It's on the list of things to cook on :) Who has started a thread on the cold smoke box?? or is there one yet?

Texana

Gasser ... not for me ...

But I have neglected the stick burner a time or two ...

While I love my Traeger I must admit I love my Backwoods .... going to be hard to neglect them

CarterQ

Hopefully it's not too lonely, I sold it to what seemed like a nice guy. Poor bastard though, the day he picked it up was the day my MAK was delivered and I was assembling it in the garage. He took one look at it and was blown away. Now he has a gasser and wants a pellet smoker!

BigBountyBBQ

Gasser sits in the backyard where my cats enjoy the view from the top. As a result I burn through 30lbs of hasty bake lump a week....anybody wanna donate towards my mak fund? hah

Rangecop

Gave my $500 Steelman gasser to our kids in Montana. Have to cook on it when we go see them but they do have a smoker so all is not lost.

Top Bottom