Skunked out !!!!!!!!!!

kentucky smoke

It’s a fantastic morning in Kentucky, a brisk 48 degrees. Got up this morning at 3:30am to start two pork butts. Wednesday night I injected them with an injectable Cajun Creole Butter Marinade bought at a local market. Covered with layers of Stubbs chili / lime spice rub. Back in the fridge until ready to MAK.

There’s nothing better than waking up to the smell of the MAK doing its thing.
Unfortunately I opened the patio door and WHAM……… All I smelled was SHUNK.
What a let down!!!!!!!!!!!!!
butt1.jpg

BUTTS.jpg

jafrey711

LOL... A few weeks back my dog kept barking all night and we could not figure out why. When I woke in the morning I went to check on him. He was just sitting there staring at my drum smoker. So I went over and took a look saw nothing but I heard a tapping sound. So I backed up and looked under my drum.. at first I thought it was one the cats .. I looked over to the slider and they were both still inside .. I looked back and realized it was a skunk.. he unleashed a fresh batch as I ran in the house. Don't really expect a skunk out here in the desert. Animal control said only the third one in ten years they had seen out here. I filled my drum with charcoal and pellets and some scented oil to burn the smell out and sterilize it.

Top Bottom