Smoke Mode Temp?

NorCalQ

With the MAK 2, what temp are you at in "Smoke" mode? With my current pellet grill, I have a range of 150 to 180 that I can select. Can I select a temp in the Smoke mode with the MAK 2?

jimsbarbecue

Smoke mode happens on our MAK grills 165 to 180 depending on the weather. The MAK smokes at temps to 350 just less smoke at higher temps. At 200 if will hold that temp steady regardless of the weather and still MAKe a lot of smoke .

Buffalotom

I just did an overnight smoke of a brisket. Low and very slow. Smoke was at a constant 175. That is with a wind and the temp dropping to freezing for a bit. Will put up some pics later.

TentHunter

Same here as the others. Our MAK 1 Star typically holds right around the 170° range, but I have seen it vary slightly higher or lower, depending on ambient temp & weather just like Jim said.

NorCalQ

So,you have no control over what temp you are smoking at? It just settles where it settles or is it factory set to settle at a particular smoking temp?

jimsbarbecue

On the temp setting when you go under 200 it goes in the smoke mode. Which will be less then 200. It will try to stay above 170. If it drops below the igniter will turn on for a few minutes. This is a feature so if for some reason the flame went out it will relight the pellets. 200 and above you pick the temp in 5 degrees increments.

Top Bottom