Smoker Cover

EEman

My 1 Star is working fine, but I have a question about covering it. I bought a cover which is fading a lot. This is not a complaint about the cover because here in sunny Colorado at 6500 ft everything can take a beating from the sun -- including me. The main reason I thought to use the cover was to protect the electronics from rain or snow. Nothing bad seems to happen when the smoker gets some rain when the cover is not on, so do I really need it.

Thanks,

Ed Brady

scooter

Mine is under a covered deck with a cover over the MAK. A cover will protect it from everything that is trying to mar it's beauty including all birds big and small. Do you "need" a cover? Yes, I think so. Especially if you're looking to extend the good looks of your cooker!

SmokinMAK

During the wet months (in Oregon we have a few), I've taken to draping a small tarp over my 2-Star, then putting the cover on. 3-years and no electronics damage from moisture, no swelling pellets, etc. Remove the covers, a quick wipe with paper towels and I am cooking. I cook year round in the rain as well with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimsbarbecue

One of our MAK covers is closer to light gray then black and still is as good as it was new minus the fade from the California sun. We find the cover is as important to keep dirt and dust of the unit so the next time you cook on it you don't have to wipe it down first.

Top Bottom