So now that the MAK 2 is built, What should I smoke up first?

Mojak

I'm thinking Brisket! I know, I know, it's one of the toughest to do well! Chime in people.

Last edited:

jimsbarbecue

Brisket is fine. We do ours on the top rack with a disposable pan with 1/2 inch of water on the lower rack underneath the brisket.

Mojak

Jim, I'm thinking 250 degrees for plus or minus 6 hrs or when I have the mohagany bark I want, wrap it in butcher paper for another 6-9 , or 12- 15 total. Water pan in the smoker for moisture since I live in Tahoe (6200') and it's dry. 2 to 1 pepper and salt rub, true Texas BBQ. Plus a simple Homemade Texas Sauce ( catsup, onion, tad of garlic, brown sugar apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper). No thermometer for me, it's a feel deal. 1/4 inch slices or bust!

Last edited:

Mojak

LOL! I'm superstitious, need good JuJu, so pig it is...Big Popa's Sweet Money Rub gets its baptism under my fire for the ribs. Do up a little sweet hot glase/ sauce, hot damn it's gonna be good!

Last edited:

Mojak

I put the first batch of ribs on the MAK 2. 275d just about 2 hours ago. Checked them, they need a bit more bark on em'. I sprayed them with a little apple juice and I'll check them in an hour or so. Looking good so far and smelling even better! Good JuJu on the way!

Last edited:

Mojak

Gonna take some tweaking, at 6200' and 40% humidity I need more moisture! less heat! these were a c- at best . 3 more racks go on tomorrow. Interestingly, I had a nice smoke line on the meat!

Last edited:

So Cal Smoker

Spatchcocked chicken is one of the best ways to cook a chicken but, if you have access to a rotisserie give that a try. Hard to pick between them.
Good luck and good smoken.

Top Bottom