Suggestions for smoking a pre-cooked ham?

delsurf

I was going to do one this afternoon. Any suggestions? If not I will just throw it on but would prefer something a little different.

Thanks
delsurf

squirtthecat

Dry it off, hit it with some EVOO and your favorite rub. I toss them in at 225° and pull when the IT hits 140°. Really adds a nice flavor to them..

TentHunter

What Squirt said, nice and low/slow temp. Plus Hickory, Pecan, Sugar Maple or a Hickory/Apple blend is really nice smoke on ham.

I like to brush on a little Maple Syrup or Honey mixed with a bit of water towards the end for a glaze.

squirtthecat

You can also score it a bit to get more smoke/rub penetration. This one I cooked over a pan of water to add moisture and catch the drippings for a glaze.

Ended up with "Jabba The Ham". ;)

20101023143349.jpg

nolesfan954

I like to inject mine with maple syrup. As much as it will hold...then again after I pull it off the MAK when it reaches the 140* mark

sparky

you inject maple syrup into a ham? never would have though about that. i like it. i always like to inject my kids beer and apple juice into stuff (butts, brisket). i like ham and maple syrup too. i am going to try the maple syrup thing. my wife thinks since i eat my share of pork that i am part piggy wiggy. :) doesn't say much for her, she married me. ;)

Top Bottom