Temp Probes

ht01us

I'll also attest to the quality and service. Based on experience with 3 different products from 3 vendors I know probes are temperamental. MakDaddy is working with his vendors to improve quality

I've read about the customer service and experienced it first hand Sunday morning. BP was on email early Sunday morning; MakDaddy offered to drive almost 100 miles to help me out if I needed it.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Thanks Howard...

I think that we all knopw that probes are a weak link but you weigh it against the results and control you get and keep a few spares in the warchest

MAK DADDY

Are you saying you have received negative service from MAK?
Distortion on the diffusser is normal, it gets to 1000+ degrees...

nottsman

No need for anyone to post negative details, plus I don't think bring up every problem with the MAK is needed either. Let's just say the MAK is still a good product.

NorthernSmoke

Just to bring things back to the fore. What are the do's and don'ts for handling a probe ?

What would be a newbie mistake or a way to mishandle that would wreck a perfectly good one ?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Understand that probes are really essential tool...but are flawed...even the expensive guru ones.

Keep a spare

Do not immerse in water

Do not expose to direct heat

Limit the temp to under 400 degrees

do not kink or knot...

treat them gently...

383inTheD

Product Suggestion

SUGGESTION: My observation is that it would be better if the wire leads were about 4-6 inches longer for those who want to monitor the temps in the smoker box using the Pellet Boss. Also, if there was a small relief for the wire lead to pass into the smoker box this would prevent possible damage to the temp probe.

MAK DADDY

SUGGESTION: My observation is that it would be better if the wire leads were about 4-6 inches longer for those who want to monitor the temps in the smoker box using the Pellet Boss. Also, if there was a small relief for the wire lead to pass into the smoker box this would prevent possible damage to the temp probe.

Thanks, we have had a few others with the same request. It's difficult to control the warmer as it is exhaust so monitoring it probably would just drive you mad :) We are working on an accessory for the warmer that we will probably add a dial to, stay tuned..

Top Bottom