Thank you Jimsbarbeque! WE took your advice Neat power source for pellet cookers

TentHunter

Trent, yes you you can charge both batteries while still hooked together using a single regular 12 volt DC battery charger - provided they're hooked in parallel (which they should be) NOT series.

If charging both simultaneously, then it's best to hook the positive to one battery and the negative to the second battery. This balances the voltage better especially if charging at 10 amps or higher.

It's also best to hook your inverter up this way if using two batteries to better balance the voltage drop. Otherwise it is possible for the voltage to become unbalanced between the two batteries.

TTNuge

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that, very good advice. Just got my 1000w Xantrex pure sine inverter today and I plan on picking up a couple deep cycle batteries soon and building my cart.

Basically I would go:
Batt 1 Pos ----> Batt 2 Pos ----> Inverter Pos
Inverter Neg ----> Batt 1 Neg ----> Batt 2 Neg

And then hook the charger up to Batt 1 Pos and Batt 2 Neg? Makes sense to me.

Trent, yes you you can charge both batteries while still hooked together using a single regular 12 volt DC battery charger - provided they're hooked in parallel (which they should be) NOT series.

If charging both simultaneously, then it's best to hook the positive to one battery and the negative to the second battery. This balances the voltage better especially if charging at 10 amps or higher.

It's also best to hook your inverter up this way if using two batteries to better balance the voltage drop. Otherwise it is possible for the voltage to become unbalanced between the two batteries.

limbery

Has anyone tried any kind of weather-protected outdoor UPS system ....I've heard of some used for yard lights etc.... I was thinking it might be an easier setup than rigging all the golf cart batteries etc.?

Top Bottom