Traeger BBQ124 Owners, please respond

Tbob

I just bought this BBQ124 from a friend and haven't really worked with it much, yet. Question: Is this model better for grilling, cooking or smoking? Let me know what your experience has been with this unit. Thanks, Tbob

scooter

Welcome to PS.com Tbob. I had an 070. As a cooker I found it to be a better smoker than a griller.

muebe

Welcome from Southern California Bob

As Scooter stated Traeger's are better smokers and cookers then grilling. In other words don't get rid of your gas or charcoal grill. They produce great smoked food and work more like a oven due to they cook indirectly with convection.

Now they can be modified to grill direct by removing the drip pan and adding some grill grates that Big Poppas happens to sell ;)

jimsbarbecue

Agree with the others. The 124 also has a short auger so when using high temp and then turning off it can burn back the auger tube

Goatboy25

I am new to this forum but I have a BBQ 124. I use almost exclusively for smoking (nothing above 275 degrees). It's a great smoker for me although the hopper on the front doesn't feed pellets smoothly like the narrower hoppers that are on the side of most of their models.

Top Bottom