Traeger Initial Thoughts

Carter13

I love my Junior that I got from Costco in Portland Or. I paid $78 for a digital 180 Thermostat off of ebay so I am in for less than $400.
Like Jake I bought this little sucker for camping. It is very well built and I am sure will give me years of great service.

Jhagedon

I, too was upset when I found our Jr. was not made in the US. Like others on the Forum, I'll buy US made whenever possible. But the Traeger Jr. was a perfect fit for the basement bay in the RV and I have a bunch of friends using them, so it is what it is. Like Ebark, I've been very pleased with ours and have given it quite a workout in the last six weeks.

I'm having a ball and looking forward to consuming a lot more pellets in search of the perfect Brisket!

gmaines

I have both the American made Traeger 075 and the American made Memphis Pro. Both quality made and I have been extremely happy with both. I try to but USA made goods when I can. If I needed to replace my Traeger. I would buy the foreign made Traeger...From what I see and hear. Their Customer Service is outstanding..

sillyjilly

I am so glad I found this forum. Like the OP, I purchased a Traeger for 799 at Costco yesterday.
Having never heard of a pellet grill, I started researching last night. The complaints for the Chinese version nearly sent me straight back to the store for a refund.

Unfortunately, I won't pick up my unit until next Sunday. I chose the already built floor model and got some free perks in doing so.

After reading your posts, I can't wait to try this baby out.

While we are a "pro American made" family, my budget couldn't handle anything that costs more at this time.

texasbrew

I too purchased a Traeger. Rather than purchase at Costco I purchased it at a regular Traeger dealer, Texas Star Pellets. I was looking to add capacity to my 18" WSM and considered a regular stick burner, a pellet grill, and adding a 22" WSM. I did a ton of research and finally decided that I would give pellet cooking a go. I had some reservations based on some of the feedback that I received and so I decided to not jump in with both feet and so I ended up with the 07E: that way if it became a problem and had to kick the Traeger to the curb, I would simply add the 22" WSM down the road. Well, approx. 20 cooks later (in roughly 4 weeks) I can say that the cooker is a keeper. I am still sorting out a few tweaks but after discovering the BBQr's delight pellets (smells more like regular hickory) I am pretty certain that I can make this thing put out bbq every bit as good as the WSM.

Top Bottom