We need to talk more about ribs!

ACW3

Man, all this talk (and pictures) about ribs are making me hungry. That Chinese I had for dinner is not cutting it! I think I need a serious snack, now!

Art

CarterQ

Beef Ribs are good too! Can't forget about them.

IMG_0773.jpg

TentHunter

Oh yeah... Good call Carter! Beef ribs.... Mmm-mmm. I think I'll pick some up for the weekend.

meanwhile...

Here's a pic of my Vidalia Onion-Peach spareribs. I did this same flavor profile on a bunch of beef ribs for a 4th-of-July BBQ I catered this year they were equally good.
RIBS01.JPG

MikeB

Baby Back Ribs

Didn't cook Turkey for Thanksgiving this year. It was just my oldest daughter and I this year so she wanted Ribs. Costco was the place I went on Wed. night after working a 12 hr shift. Boy was I dragging through the store.
I tried Fast Eddy's recipe that was posted on the Today Show from Labor Day. 275 for 3 hrs, no foil, no spritz although I did each 45 min to an hour. He uses Pecan pellets, I used Bear Mtn. Hickory&Apple mix of pellets. Cooked his sauce recipe for the 3 hrs on the grill too. They were excellent. Bite clean off the bone tender with a nice glaze of the sauce applied 10/15 minutes before you take them off. Also had Sweet potatoes, mix veggies and of course Pumkin Pie for desert. Sorry no pics this time. But you all know what good ribs look and taste like.

weldonBBQ

I live for Ribs!

vr4kup.jpg

The rib pic was from an earlier session. Can't wait for that first decent day when I can fire up and do some more!

Here is my favorite finishing sauce:
1 C Ketchup
1 C Chunky Apple Sauce ( I use Musselmens )
1 T Canola Oil
1 t crushed garlic
1/4 C my Q vinegar (sub: 1/4 C Apple cider vinegar w 2 T crushed red pepper)
3 T Molasses
2 T prepared mustard
1/3 C light brown sugar
1/2 C (or more) Red Stag or Captain Morgans

Combine and simmer over low heat for 1 hour

Many complements on the sauce. Some say it's the best ever....I say "Naw! it's close, but I'll keep trying 'till I get it right." :D

Candy Sue

Ever cook those high-dollar berkshire pig ribs from Allen Bros? Save your money. I burned up 2 racks, boiled the 3rd in beer and rub and did a quick grill (and they weren't bad), last rack shivering in the freezer. Great taste, but mostly shiners. Really skinny ribs.

Candy Sue

Last contest, I cooked 3 racks of spares. Did a test and removed the membrane on one rack but cooked the other 2 with it on. Took the 'brane off of one before wrapping with brown sugar, butter and rib candy. The last rack went to wrap with the membrane on. After cooking in foil the membrane doesn't want to come off. In my opinion, rack #2 (membrane removed before wrapping) was moister than the other 2. But...I still didn't do any good with them!

Big Poppa

Administrator
WE tried the Berkshire direct from eden farms The butts have smal money muscle and the ribs were supermodel anorexic. WE have had greatr luck with the Duroc robs however

Top Bottom