Weekly contest question????

We moved the COntest thread to its own space. Views are down by 40% Should we

• move it back and close the special area

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Big Poppa

Administrator
We created a space for it so people could easily reference past cooks and get ideas...the post views have dropped about 40% since it got its own home
how about your thoughts?

squirtthecat

Ditto. I think views are down due to Summer vacation/travel/work schedules.. Things are quiet on a number of cooking forums I am on. Kids will be back in school soon, then things will pick up.

HogSmoker

I was told not too enter unless you use pellets so I quit posting.. yea I know I can throw a hand full of pellets in a foil bag and call it pellet smoking but......... IMO its not pellet smoking only a loop hole and I don't like loop holes :)
Does appear its the same people every week entering , however still enjoy seeing what you guys and gals got smoking!

TentHunter

I'm not sure exactly which way to vote because if views are down because it was moved then I say start in the loung then move to the contest thread for archival purposes. However, if views are down because folks are outside playing in warm weather and not inside on their PC's then it won't matter.

I was told not too enter unless you use pellets so I quit posting.. yea I know I can throw a hand full of pellets in a foil bag and call it pellet smoking but......... IMO its not pellet smoking only a loop hole and I don't like loop holes
Does appear its the same people every week entering , however still enjoy seeing what you guys and gals got smoking!

I was the judge for the June 3 contest you're referring to. You posted some great cooks and people (including me) enjoyed & responded well to them. I understand you're apprhention if you don't want to use pellet pouches for the contest. But don't let that stop you from sharing your experience and great food with us in the Gallery section. You still have a lot to share with us! :)

sparky

i myself am by the pool (scuba steve to the rescue) enjoying a adult beverage (FT) and smoking away. i live for the weekends. i cannot wait until my wife tells me i can retire. she says 62 so i only got 7 more years. don't forget my b'day is November 30th, i would like some different spices plz. ;)

Rip

Ditto what Tent said...how does the contest statistics drop compare to overall traffic rates?

Deb

Ditto what Tent said...how does the contest statistics drop compare to overall traffic rates?

I was going to ask the same question.

For me it doesn't matter what section a post is in because I generally use the "new posts" feature. I don't go to a specific section unless I'm looking for something.

Patrick_CT

I like the contest in its own section because it is easy to find. I also use the new post button most of the time so it would not matter if it is moved back to the lounge. I would guess that the lower traffic is due to summer.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Traffic is way way up

If we had it in the lounge in the weekend it may get more views and then Monday move it to the contest section it may get more traction

CarterQ

I'd say start it in the lounge, and then move it to the contest section after judging. More eyes on it is always better.

SisInLaw

I'd say start it in the lounge, and then move it to the contest section after judging. More eyes on it is always better.

Agreed. You'll get the most views if you leave it here in the Lounge, then after the contest is concluded, move it to it's own forum. Now give me a rib.

Top Bottom