What are you guys doing for NEw Years Eve?

Big Poppa

Administrator
I'm asking the question but telling you my story on New Years Eve.....It is amateur night..one of a few during the year. I stopped going to restaurants as they are just too busy to expect decent food regardless of the pedigree of the place.

Then I started having pajama parites and celebrated the ball dropping at 9 and 12...lots of fun but after about 5 of them I got tired of being the host.....

I am going to a good friends house whose son I have shown you cooks before...His name is Colin and he was a sous chef at French Laundry and then El Bulli in Spain..The number one restaurant in the world before the guy just up and shut it down. He is a chef in Boulder Colorado now and when we get together it is a blast.

I have some great Kurobuta Pork, Some Strube, some lobster tails and have no idea what we will cook....I will be home at 10......

I find that maybe its my age but I really prefer hanging with a few dear friends rather rats in the cage,

squirtthecat

Ditto to that. We'll stay home and have some smoked (from Thanksgiving - thank you Food Saver) turkey sliders, and perhaps something hot off of the MAK..

Hobbit

Planning on staying home for New Years eve with a bottle of wine, snacks, smoked cheese and some videos. Hope to stay awake until mid-night.

CarterQ

We will be laying low and having some good friends over for a little fondue, wine and good conversation.

TentHunter

We will be staying in with maybe a couple friends over and maybe the kids will each have a friend over.

Nothing fancy, just sammies, finger foods & good fellowship.

stewartr002

I'm new to the forum but not new to smoking so I'll jump in. I'll put a packer brisket on the Traeger tonight (before going to bed) and test out using a wood chip box on top of the deflector plate to see if I can get more smoke flavor. I plan to video my cook (I'm an event videographer) to capture the process and results. As for the new year's eve menu, we'll have sliced brisket, burnt ends, smoked beans, sweet 'taters, corn, and a lime jello/cottage cheese salad (one of my favorite's of Mom's recipes). My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I'll be sure to take some stills and post them on this forum (under the show-me thread) also. When I get the video edited, I'll post a link (to my home web site) for viewing. Happy New Year everyone!
Randy

warpath

I have a turkey brining right now.. Just for leftovers.. Neighbor widow ladies cleaned out my Thanksgiving leftovers..also staying home hope to be awake whan the ball drops..

Happy New Year to all!!

seeya
Dave

I will be hanging out at home with the family! I don't like to be on the road New Year's Eve. Too many people don't use DD. I will hopefully be cooking something on the Mak, but will definately be doing a rib roast and hopefully some Yorkshire Pudding on Monday while watching College Football.

Deb

Staying in. Kevin's cooking - I see that he has taken bacon out of the freezer and he is making a shopping list.

cowgirl

I'm staying home too. A few friends will be coming out to the house for fingerfood. Hopefully there will just be 4 or 5 of us. :)

Forgot to add.... Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!

Chili Head

We're staying home this year. I'll be cooking something tomorrow afternoon once i get up and i have to work on the first. Besides I don't want Johnny law pulling me over.. :D

Daz

New years eve is a hectic day for us. After we clean our place up, we go to Moms, its her birthday. We hang with the family for a few hours, then back to our house to get the party started. Its usually just friends and family over for some partying. Several years ago the New Years Eve parties at our house use to get out of hand. So I had to tone that down a bit. I"m not really liking hosting parties to much these days, there just so much work to do. I'll definitely fire up the Mak2 and get some good food on the table.

Top Bottom