What Brand are you using? Pros? Cons?

I use a Traeger, It was who I worked for and first pellet grill I had seen. I would like to see a Pellet grill with slide open grates and access to wood flame for a flame sear option. I like Rec Tec.

AikenSmoker

Interesting question as I am 30 min from their Augusta storefront.

I will say they positioned themselves to me, a random consumer, as a "better Chicom made off brand" rather than a true competetor to high end USA made pellet grills. I believe what they are selling is better than my BBQ300 but not in the league of MAC, Memphis, Yoder, GMG ... They did give me a correct assesment of issues with Mesquite pellets that Candy confirmed so I have some faith in their knowledge. I will aim higher that a rec tec when I can upgrade.

Smokinman88

I started with a Traeger Lil' Tex Elite and now have a Mak 2 star. I've never had anything bad on either unit but the Mak has been much more stable with temps.

Buffalotom

I started out with a Traeger, when it burned up I went to a Mak 2 star. Love it, but it to will be replaced with a 4 star, hopefully soon.

Jrinaldi99

Traeger Texas. I've had it for few months and like it so far. Chicken flavor is amazing but getting crispy skin is Taking me some time to master

Top Bottom