What did ya'll get for Xmas?

Rip

My Daughter got me a really nice sturdy LED grill light that is both magnetic and can clamp onto stuff.
Congrats on the new grill! Can you tell me more about the grill light, brand name, or? I really need more light by mine.

TentHunter

Congrats on the new grill! Can you tell me more about the grill light, brand name, or? I really need more light by mine.

When I get home from work I'll get the info. I don't think it was teribly expensive since my 15 year old daughter was able to afford it.

A Performer!! yeah baby! With a little modification, you can do some serious searing with that cooker!

You bet! I'm thinking of getting the 4 Grillers Joy Cast Iron grates like you have for it. The grill is worth the investment. My now 11 year old 22" Weber kettle is what I learned to smoke low and slow on and is like an old friend. I feel about Weber like Big Poppa feels about Traeger. I owe them a debt of gratitude for the griling/smoking addiction I now enjoy.

Oh yeah, I found an attachment that converts a kettle into pellet smoker. I may have to invest in one... I happen to know someone who sells pellets too (wink wink ;)).

squirtthecat

Oh yeah, I found an attachment that converts a kettle into pellet smoker. I may have to invest in one... I happen to know someone who sells pellets too (wink wink ;)).

I've seen those. For the price, you can get a gently used Traeger.. They only have a 1 pound hopper and a rheostat to control the pellet feed motor. You might be out there every hour filling it and fiddling with the temps for an overnight smoke.

Granted, they would be Ok for the simple chicken/turkey/rib cook..

Top Bottom