What else do you obsess over?

PaulyT

So we're all cooks, at least to some extent (speaking for myself). Just for fun, what other gustatorial pleasures do you obsess over?

I have two: coffee and bourbon.

For coffee I roast my own green beans using this:

51E0YClW8FL.jpg

And brew with this:

SLS1001_l.jpg

Sorry I don't have a nice liquor cabinet at the moment so they're all sitting out on a small table and not picture-worthy. But on another forum I maintain a ranked list of the bourbons I've owned at some point. Here it is, starting with favorites first.

• Rowan's Creek
  • Corner Creek
  • Black Maple Hill
  • Old Forester 2011 Birthday
  • Noah's Mill
  • Booker's
  • Pappy van Winkle 15yo
  • Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
  • Blanton's Original
  • Hirsch
  • Wathen's
  • Maker's 46
  • Buffalo Trace
  • Woodford Reserve
  • Dancing Pines
  • Evan Williams (2011 "The Wine Source" bottling)
  • Eagle Rare
  • Elijah Craig 18yo
  • Willett Pot Still Reserve
  • Evan Williams
  • Four Roses
  • Russell Reserve
  • Elijah Craig 12yo
  • Maker's Mark

I've also been known to try the occasional Canadian Whiskey (on our recent trip to Ottawa):

DSC0652-L.jpg

Or Scotch; these are not mine, but a friend's - I could buy 12 bottles of my favorite Bourbon for the price of these two!

cDSC0419-L.jpg

Last edited:

PaulyT

Well if we're talking non food-related, I'd add music + audio equipment, and photography to my list.

sparky

49er football, smokers and hanging out at the beach in the ocean. i can't get enough of salt water. i try and swallow some every month or two. love the beach. i would love to have more smokers. i just like using them. it makes me happy. oh, and discgolf. its alot of fun and cheaper than ball golf. i'm going to look into that coffee roaster you have. i would like to roast my own espresso.

Last edited:

MossyMO

Hunting and fishing - I haven't made the time in the last 4 years to fish but used to be a fanatic and I hope to get back to it next spring. As far as hunting goes I enjoy upland game (doves, partridge, grouse and pheasant) and deer hunting (rifle, bow and muzzle loader). Also doesn't matter the time of the year but anytime I can take down a coyote I will jump at the chance, very smart critter that population in the area I live they are considered varmints.

Guitars, golf, snowboarding, fishing, and college football. My newest baby is a Taylor 814CE! I am interested in getting into photography so my smoker pictures look better (and my vacation pIctures too!)

Top Bottom