What the skinny on the A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker?

Tatonka3A2

What is the benifit of the tube over the standard A-MAZE-N pellet smoker?

Like suirtthecat said the big thing you will notice is that it is smaller and takes up less space.

Here is a quote from Todd (the AMNPS guy). "It (the AMNTS) was designed to supplement smoke in a Pellet Grill/Smoker, but has shown great success in Propane Upright Smokers, and now at higher elevations. Pellets have a difficult time smoking at 5,000 ft. above sea level. Not 100% sure why, but it's the nature of the beast. The New Tube Smoker seems to get around the thin air and keep smoking."

We have also noticed in our own use that the tube works better then the square pellet smoker on our Holland Grill which is propane. It stays light much better....

sparky

i like my 5 x 8 to use w/ Hazel.

ribsribsribs065.jpg

nothing better that cold smoke tri's

ribsribsribs073.jpg

dpom

Hi, my name is Dave ,my handle is dpom ( Dave's peace of mind).This is my first post however I have done a lot of research, What a wonderful web site!!! I am not yet a pellet smoker but have wanted to for many years ,just couldn't find info on them till now.I was sold on the mac star 2 over the mac 1, due to the cold smoking for cheese however it seems that with the smoking tube this can be done with the mac 1? Another question I have is the mac 1 doesn't appear the BP site has it been discontinued?

Tatonka3A2

You can cold smoke with the tube in the MAK1 (or in a cardboard box for that matter!!) but there are other differences between the MAK1 and MAK2. You may want to make a new thread asking the differences.... I don't own a MAK so I am not the best one to ask the differences.

Top Bottom