What's up with the new flame zone kit for older 2-star grills?

clauney

I have a 400-series 2-star with the older style of grease pan with the small flame zone on one side. Mak Daddy said a while back that the redesigned flame zone kit for older 2-stars it was in the works. Is this it?

MAK GRILLS, manufacturer of superior wood pellet BBQ grills/smokers – American made pellet grills and pellet smokers for the backyard BBQ and competition BBQ teams looking for ultimate control in a pellet cooker.

Mine is definitely a pre-2012 2-star - I bought it mid 2011.

thanks,
Chris

MAK DADDY

Hi Chris, yes, that is the retrofit kit for your grill. We are still working the bugs out of the design, it just doesn't work as good with the powder coated bodies as it does with the new stainless model.
We will let BPS know when these are ready once again.

BTW, we do not make any grills or items from 400 series stainless as it is a cheaper stainless that doesn't have the corrosion protection of 304 stainless.

clauney

Hi Chris, yes, that is the retrofit kit for your grill. We are still working the bugs out of the design, it just doesn't work as good with the powder coated bodies as it does with the new stainless model.
We will let BPS know when these are ready once again.

BTW, we do not make any grills or items from 400 series stainless as it is a cheaper stainless that doesn't have the corrosion protection of 304 stainless.

Thanks for the info. If you need someone to beta test one, let me know. ;) And sorry for not being clear - I meant the serial number was in the 400s. I didn't know if you needed to know the specific serial number or if mid 2011 was enough to let you know which version I had.

Top Bottom