Where do you buy your meat?

Big Poppa

Administrator
You girls are sure getting along! This looks fabulous! are the prices good? I think I drew you in the xmas drawing....

TentHunter

Ready for a scary Halloween story?

This is the tale of "The Blood Money Butchers."

In a town in N.E. Ohio, Beef Brisket is sold by only two local businesses; one butcher and one grocery chain. And both... (insert tense horror theme music here)... sell it for $4.99/lb!!!

But there is a happy ending! The wife's a co-manager for Wal-mart, so I have her watch the price & stock up one or two whole briskets in the freezer when I can get them for $1.89 or less.

Pork Shoulder & Spareribs. I get from the local butcher or stores. I get them on sale during peek BBQ season & freeze.

Beef Ribs: The local butcher has them cryovaced in two rack packs for $1.89/lb.

warpath

Mostly get my meat from a Local grocer.. some from Sam's but Sam's is 75 miles away..Wish I had a Costco but the closest is about 140 miles..

Bear will you let me now about your local market that is good??

seeya
Dave

TentHunter

I get some of my meat from the local grocer who sells a lot of Certified Angus (they now sell Tri-Tip on a regular basis - Yahoo!).

No Costco close by here. We do have a Sam's club, but its a 20 - 25 minute drive and there are two really great full service butchers who are closer, so for most of my meats I go to them:

Sherman Provision A five minute drive from my house, in a rural area. Great prices on bulk stuff, super great quality every time, they'll custom cut steaks however thick I want.

or to Marshallville Packing Co. A gorgeous 15 - 20 minute drive to the Ohio country side. They raise & slaughter their own pigs and cattle. I get 50 lb cases of whole pork shoulders there as well as all my sausage casings, cures, seasonings, etc. They also sell a lot of Amish food products.

firehouse_bbq

We get most of our meat for catering from Sams and Restaurant Depot. For personal use, it is Sams and Costco. For competitions, it is Sams and a local butcher. Next competition, will be BPS for brisket!

Deb

I have been buying alot of our meat lately from a farm in NH. They raise buffalo but also sell meat from other local farms. They have bison, grass-fed beef, pork, chicken, turkey, elk, venison. If you want something they don't have listed you can ask and they will get for you - I special ordered a pork belly from them. They are one day ground for me so the shipping is reasonable.

Top Bottom