Which MAK is best?

CMack1

Hello all. After tons of research I have decided to purchase a MAK pellet grill. I am having a terrible time deciding on which model. I like the added capacity of the two star, but don't know if it justifies the extra cost. The warming drawer is neat, but I don't know if I need it (I use a lil tex electric for keep warm duties now.) The main reason for the purchase will be for long cooks, as keeping the temp stable for 16 hours in my offset smoker has proven to be a chore. Anyone have experience on both? Which would you choose if you could only have one? Any info will help. Thanks.

-Casey

CarterQ

Love my 2 star and all the versatility it has, and it's not that much of a stretch more when you start optioning out the 1 star. The great thing about a MAK is you really can't go wrong with either.

Rip

I love the warming drawer in my MAK2, I use it a lot to cold smoke cheese...on hotter cooks, (above 300), I use it to dry peppers. That said, if you don't need the extra capacity, the MAK1 makes more smoke and has less area to heat (should equate to lower pellet consumption)

Big Poppa

Administrator
Gosh as a mak fanatic I love them both...funny enough though I gravitate towards the one star on long cooks and for hot cooks it gets hotter but the two star has so many features...we compete with two one stars.....give jessie a call at big poppa smokers on monday and she can fill you in somemore

sparky

well, i have cooked on both for awhile. i really love my 1 star. you don't need a bottom shelf or side shelf. just the way it is works for me. i have stainless tables around my maks so i have plenty of places to put stuff. i myself don't use the warming try much on the 2 star so the 1 star is great for me. i do need a griddle for my 1 star though (hint, hint. my b'day is november 30th. don't forget ppl). lol. both are great grills but my 1 star gets hotter and i believe it uses less pellets. i might be wrong but don't think so. i am glad that i own two 1 stars. one more thing. they both smoke alot. i get massive smoke from both. :)

CMack1

Oredred.

I want to thank everyone who responded for their time. After much thought I placed an order for a MAK 1 star bundle from BPS. I am mighty excited and will post pics of the first cook on my new toy. Thanks all.

-Casey

Big Poppa

Administrator
Thanks Casey...I think that I sell more one stars because I cook on them and understand their strengths...Mak Daddy came out with it as a price point deal....It really isnt that much different when you out fit a loaded one star vs a stock two star.

I sell the One Star as the best pellet smoker.....smoker there is.....and it gets hotter. The other thing about the one star is at first you are worried about space on the grates and with the extra shelf it is not a problem

Top Bottom