15 Butts

Phred

I'm cooking 15 pork butts for a neighborhood party this Saturday. When you cook that many do you inject and foil?

Thanks,

Fred

Meat Man

I don't think I would wrap in foil, but I would put some of them in a disposable pan with some AJ and cover with foil. You could brine that many pretty easily, but I don't think I would. Just a good rub, and some brown sugar, honey, and butter when I put them in the pans. I like to save some of those delicious drippings to mix back in with the pulled (reason for the pans). I usually mix those drippings 50/50 with a BHTR sauce. Good Stuff.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok I like to not foil on either for long catering type gigs If you run into a problem do what meat man says....

Saxguy

I don't think I would wrap in foil, but I would put some of them in a disposable pan with some AJ and cover with foil. You could brine that many pretty easily, but I don't think I would. Just a good rub, and some brown sugar, honey, and butter when I put them in the pans. I like to save some of those delicious drippings to mix back in with the pulled (reason for the pans). I usually mix those drippings 50/50 with a BHTR sauce. Good Stuff.

It's scary that I knew what BHTR sauce was after only being here a few months.

Phred

A little progress on the 15 butts. Started them last night at 10:30 on the MAK and 11:30 in the Backwoods.

First a little snack.

Just before covering in foil

Last edited:
Top Bottom