1st Brisket

MSUSmoker

So I attempted my first brisket yesterday. It was a big wagyu packer from BPS (highly recommended). I followed Hodedo's suggestions with the injection (a hot button topic in the world of brisket) and not pulling it based on temperature but rather feel in terms of the probe. I smoked it at 185 on the Memphis for about 4 hours then foiled and bumped it up to 225. It took about another 9 hours and the temperature never plateaued. I pulled it at 199 when the probe offered no resistance, wrapped her in towels and put it in the cooler for about an hour. By this time it was about midnight (I didn't get up to start this as early as I would have liked...) so I didn't get much for pictures. I'll try to post them a little later. I just wanted to say thanks for all the tips! This brisket turned out great. Melts in your mouth and is about as far from dried out as you could get! Thanks!

Last edited:

TentHunter

I followed Hodedo's suggestions ...and not pulling it based on temperature but rather feel in terms of the probe. I pulled it at 199 when the probe offered no resistance.

...I then foiled and bumped it up to 225... and the temperature never plateaued.

I'm a firm believer in both of those! :)

Sounds like your first brisket was a winner! :cool:

Top Bottom