22 racks!

Jables

I signed up for a local rib competition. Little did I realize they're handing me 22 racks of baby backs. Freaked out a bit here, competition is on Thursday and I find out this morning. Lil tex is getting a work out it looks like. If I'd have known sooner, I would've had time to buy a good quantity of money. Oh well at least I'm able to scrounge up 5lbs of yardbird and a gallon of blues hog. This is gonna be messy. Can't wait.

ACW3

Best of luck!!! If you have time, take some pictures and post them for the rest of us.

Art

Jables

I went and looked at the ribs they're providing. Itty bitty baby backs. I can probably load around ten or twelve at a time in the cooker with my rib racks. Should give me time for the friendly banter.

Moomtaz

What kind of contest is this...22 racks is unheard of. Please tell me the contest paid for the meat. Good luck, though.

Jables

Just a local hotel/pub/restaurant looking for a way to get people to spend money lol. Not many teams registered and I guess they sold a lot of tickets to the public/tasters. Been toying with the idea of a blackberry glaze at the end. Being that there won't be a certified judge within 100 miles of the event and there is a blackberry festival this weekend. Just picked a bucket tonight.View attachment 1568

chaz345

Just a local hotel/pub/restaurant looking for a way to get people to spend money lol. Not many teams registered and I guess they sold a lot of tickets to the public/tasters. Been toying with the idea of a blackberry glaze at the end. Being that there won't be a certified judge within 100 miles of the event and there is a blackberry festival this weekend. Just picked a bucket tonight.View attachment 1568

With all this talk of blackberries I have to ask, is this contest for Pub 212 in Damascus?

Jables

To be honest, the ribs they provided us were crap. Anorexic pigs or something. Not worth picturing. The sauce we mixed up was pure gol though. Equal parts honey, blues hog, 4 men and a pig, and blackberry reduction.

Top Bottom