A-MAZE-N Maze Smoker question??

RickS

I've got the A-MAZE-N Maze smoker unlike what most have the tube smoker. I'm cold smoking for the 3rd time with it and won't stay lit "keeps going out" all the time. does this seem to be a problem with the tube also??:mad::confused:

thanx Rick

SoDakSmokerGolfer

RickS - I have the tube smoker and I haven't had any issue... Sounds like you have the tray style? Tube or tray you will need to be mindful of air flow. The smoker will need a constant supply of air... Placement in you grill and how the pellets are packed in will play a role in this.

Here is where I normally put mine in a MAK
View attachment 1823

MossyMO

You may have to play around with locations in the grate. As Rick said it does need airflow, perhaps near the fan of your MAK 2 Star might work best.

The tube smoker is a pellet grills friend, I haven't heard of a pellet grill tubes do not work in.

Carter13

Everything already stated is very important. I will add that make sure you are using pellets from a new bag or some that have been stored inside. I got my AMNPS a year ago and found out that taking pellets out of my Mak hopper would not stay lit. I keep my smoker under cover but I figure the pellets soaked up some of the moisture in the air here in the NW.
I crack my lid about 1/4" with aluminum foil and place it on the main rack.
I cold smoked some cheese this morning and it took about 3+ minutes with my small butane torch to get the pellets going the way I like.

RickS

Everything already stated is very important. I will add that make sure you are using pellets from a new bag or some that have been stored inside. I got my AMNPS a year ago and found out that taking pellets out of my Mak hopper would not stay lit. I keep my smoker under cover but I figure the pellets soaked up some of the moisture in the air here in the NW.
I crack my lid about 1/4" with aluminum foil and place it on the main rack.
I cold smoked some cheese this morning and it took about 3+ minutes with my small butane torch to get the pellets going the way I like.

thanx Carter13,
I'm using new pellets but did not crack lid

Top Bottom