A Must Have book for your Q library

RGrunz

I thought I owned every bbq book out there, I don't know how I missed out on this one. One of my guests at last weeks birthday party presented me with a copy of "The Kansas City Bareque Society Cookbook". I am pretty cautious when I recommend something; but I think this book is is a MUST OWN.

There is a lot of interesting history on KCBS and the pioneers in competitive barbeque. There are also a lot of good tips on competition and some excellent recipes. I especially enjoyed some of the rubs and sauces. I think all of it translates to backyeard q too.

Anyone own this book? Your thoughts?

61KYAfcMqHL._SL500_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-7,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

sparky

i only have 3 bbq cookbooks. traeger cookbook, mak cookbook and big bob gibson cookbook. i like them. waiting for BP to write one now. i hope he signs mine. were good friends ya know. :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
Its already here! in the gallery and stuff I am going to write one...not that I think i should but I think that it would be a pellet smokers beginning guide

I love Mike Mills book for the stories and the vibe first and then the recipes...chris lillys and paul kirks little sauce and rub book

scooter

Glad to hear you like it. I read in a few places the KCBS Cookbook was reviewed and it got panned so I stayed away.

RGrunz

I really like Chris Lilly's book and Paul Kirk's (along with the small sauce and rub book).
I have those in my library too, are you talking about Paul Kirk's Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue book? that is an excellent book also.
Scooter - I saw that guys review, I think he was looking for a pure cookbook; this book really has a lot more history on KCBS than I think he wanted. I will say, it's not a pure cookbook; but the recipes and tips that it does contain are excellent. Especially for $10. I will pay that anytime to get content like that from that calibre of bbqers.

BP- Sign me up for you pellet cookbook. I like the format that the WSM -VB website uses for recipes. It would be great to have a table for each recipe like they use. I always log my cooks and my format measures grate temp, dome temp and meat temp. When I apply it to my Traeger cooks, I add the temp settings that I use. I really think it helps me improve for my next cook.

Techy

Bought it in Kindle format and since I'm a history buff as well, I do like the background info. Haven t really dug into the recipe portion but will in time. I'm planning on working on rubs and sauces as my Wintertime fun. I'm hoping it will help pass the winter easier than normal as I hate that time of year.

-Bob

Top Bottom