A Rib question

HogSmoker

Does anybody cook ribs and not foil ( on pellet grill ) ? If you don't foil what is your process? What will be the noticed difference in foiled or not foiled ? Also one last question if your using the 1star and your cooking six racks 3 on top 3 on bottom is it necessary to rotate the racks from top and bottom ?
Today is first time I maxed out my 1star (6 racks) at once while I was putting them on I thought should I rotate these :confused:.

Big Poppa

Administrator
non foiling is great just takes longer and has a little different texture....I love it....You can also use a rib rack and over double the amount you can cook

sparky

1. Does anybody cook ribs and not foil ( on pellet grill ) ?

2. If you don't foil what is your process?

3. What will be the noticed difference in foiled or not foiled ?

4. Also one last question if your using the 1star and your cooking six racks 3 on top 3 on bottom is it necessary to rotate the racks from top and bottom ?

5. Today is first time I maxed out my 1star (6 racks) at once while I was putting them on I thought should I rotate these :confused:.

1. yes

2. 3 hours on then some sauce for the last 45 minutes @ 275°. or dry just the whole ride spraying juice or bourbon on them.

3. foiled will be moister and more of the fall of the bone kind. although you can get fall of the bone dry too. drier though.

4. no. top and bottom cook very evenly.

5. lol. you still haven't maxed out your 1 star.

P6190035.jpg

or this doubled.

P6190019.jpg

anymore help let me know buddy. :)

HogSmoker

Thanks BP next time I'm trying this I can see now how the rib rack makes a difference.

Sparky thanks for the schematic and the info. Got ah get me a rib rack too!

Top Bottom