Any sugar-free rub suggestions?

roburado

Hi, all. The wife and I are trying to avoid added sugars. While we love the BPS rubs that we have used, and while we realize that probably a lot of those sugars get cooked off, we started using this one rub we got from Costco, which appeared not to have any sugars whether they were from cane juice or whatever.

Any suggestions on rubs you have found without added sugars?

soupyjones

I ran into a similar problem a couple of years ago. I started making most of my own rubs just so they would not burn on my old gasser. Some of the most fun I have had in barbecue is messing around with different spices and herbs to get the flavor I want. Once you get used to it, making your own is great.

roburado

I ran into a similar problem a couple of years ago. I started making most of my own rubs just so they would not burn on my old gasser. Some of the most fun I have had in barbecue is messing around with different spices and herbs to get the flavor I want. Once you get used to it, making your own is great.

I think your best bet is to make your own.

Yeah. I'm guessing that making our own would be best. We have had some fun with that. We did a Moroccan Z'hug rub for prime rib for both Thanksgiving and Christmas 2012. We went low-carb to help shed some pounds for our wedding, and we started doing our own ad hoc rubs with just whatever suited out fancy in the cupboard. Then, we found a commercial rub with no sugar. I guess rubs without sugar aren't popular. In retrospect I can see how that would be the case.

roburado

Incidentally, I finally got around to looking at what that rub was. It's Pork Barrel BBQ All-American Seasoning Rub. I'm wondering if that's just a Costco thing, because I don't see it on Pork Barrel BBQ's website.

Mayn

Costco has a salt free and sugar free i think, and organic,
ehasymuv.jpg
that's pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom