Anyone smoke coffee beans?

tbone

Has anyone tried smoking and roasting raw coffee beans? I may have to experiment this weekend.

Thanks!!!!

tbone

tbone

Hmmm. Okay, I get that. What if you just smoke them for an hour or two. Then roast in the hot air popper?

Sparky - are you an importer? Roaster?? Barrasita??? All the above???? :cool:

I'd love to know if you've tried it. And BP - I'd be surprised if you haven't. :D

Thanks!!!

tbone

sparky

Sparky - are you an importer? Roaster?? Barrasita??? All the above????

yes to all the above. right now i only do 2 of them. i have spend many a early mornings in the fog on the docks in san francisco looking at beans. i have been to 5 four day coffee festivals taking classes in the find art of coffee and all its aspects. from growing, harvesting, drying, cupping, roasting, blending, management of coffee houses and its purest form of producing a find italian espresso. i love espresso. more so than a person should. and the only good coffee comes from a french press. ya i like coffee. can't afford the good drugs anymore cause i got kids and they are so damn expensive so espresso works for me. :)

Last edited:

tbone

Very cool, sparky. You sound a lot like my son. He's been into coffee for many years now, has competed nationally, run his own place, imports, roasts, all the above. And he's the one who turned me onto pellet smoking a few years ago.

So, about smoking those beans before roasting.......

tbone

Top Bottom