Anyone Smokin' Up A Big BBQ For Fourth Of July?

SisInLaw

Just found out we're having a block party, complete with the little kids decorating their bikes for a fun parade, everybody busting out their grills onto the street and fireworks.

I'm planning on parking my Memphis in the driveway.

Menu: ribs and lots of them, tri tips, BP's smokehouse mushrooms, bacon-wrapped asparagus, twice baked potatoes, cupcakes and a carrot cake (these two I'll bake in the house.) It's my evil plan to wow the neighborhood and win the unofficial prize for best food. Pics will be taken.

You?

squirtthecat

We've got 27 on the way here on Saturday.. (the 2 of us leaving for vacation early Tuesday - so we move the holiday up a bit)

Traeger/MAK will tag team:

Ribs, Chicken parts, Pulled Pork (3 butts), Turkey boulders, brats (traditional and turkey), a handful of burgers, Buffalo/Starnes chicken dip, maybe 6 hotdogs.. Starting early Friday night and ready to eat by 3PM on Saturday. And whatever sides everyone brings.

Last edited:

TentHunter

Not looking for a pity party here, but there'll be no going out of town for camping or much of anything big for us this July 4th.

Unfortunately our little Jack Russel, Lucy, was attacked a week ago (by another much larger dog) while my daughter was walking her, and is requiring a lot of attention. My daughter was extremely brave and ended up getting bitten fighting for our dog's life (Yes, she's fine and was bitten by our dog because the little thing just started biting at anything she could to try and get away).

So, we'll be sticking around the house and doing some kind of smaller family BBQ here. The blessing in all this is it's made us step back and realize what's really important!

BBQ Joe

We are having our small town celebration next week and I will be doing 4 butts. Tent, sorry to here about your daughter and Lucy. Hope they are doing well. Have a great 4th everyone.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok Im starting today cooking ribs for our contractors... Tomorrow night Im cooking for Bill Murray and his family...seriously....then Im cooking with The Big poppa Team in Arizona on friday and sat...Then Sat night cooking for all my kids who will be here and then a barnburner on Sunday!

sparky

don't forget to take your vitamins. your way to busy my friend. you need some BP time. i'm not sure what we are doing for the 4th. normally we have a 50 person party but this year the wife and the kids have summer school. :(

Canyonier

I'm still new to pellet grilling, but I'm taking a chance and will be slow-cooking 4 slabs of beef ribs, 6 slabs of pork spareribs, and 4 beer can chickens for a family and friends get together. The beef ribs will be done in my water smoker at about 220 deg. The pork spareribs and chickens will be done in my Traeger 075 grill on the 225 deg. setting. Please wish me luck.
Glenn

SisInLaw

Sorry to hear about your daughter and your dog, Tent. My dog's name is Lucy, too! Hope they heal fast.

Okay I'm ramping up my Fourth of July Smokeout. The easy-up is coming out of the garage for a little shade and I'm adding Armadillo eggs, water-soaked corn on the cob and more ribs.

cowgirl

Sorry to hear that your daugher was hurt Cliff. Hope she is feeling better!
No clue what I'm cooking this weekend but I really need to think of something. Last head count was 40 to 50 guests here on Sunday. I'm starting to panic!

Redfish1

We have a large group of friends and neighbors over. I smoking a 30lb. feral hog in the offset smoker with mesquite and lump coal.Doing
2 briskets in the electric smoker using mesquite pellets in the smoke pistol. Last nite I injected everything with applejuice,honey mustard
and Worcestershire mix. Slathered with honey mustard then Grillmates applewood rub.I've had a lot of success with that applewood rub.

Top Bottom