Apple bacon warped pork?

Kevin Arsenault

Hello everyone. I know it's been a long time since I was last around, but school has been problematic.
So, there are grill pits outside my apartment, and I have a large piece of pork tenderloin that needs to be cooked.

So, I'm thinking of marinating the pork in apple juice (I'm kinda working with limited supplies right now), and spice. Wrapping it in bacon (just not bacon supplies) and using a mix of pellets and charcoal.

I also want to do something with apple sauce, but I have no clue what. Maybe reduce it and make a thicker sauce?
Any hints or tips?

sparky

yo, kev man. how ya doing partner? i like your idea about pork and apple juice. good idea. a little indirect to cook it and then over the flames to give it some grill marks. not sure about reducing apple sauce. i have never tried it. heh, reduced apple sauce poured over your pork tenderloin after you sliced it. sliced pork w/ apple sauce, grill up some veges and french bread. invite a few girls over for dinner. ya know, a good cook will always attract the girls buddy. its good to hear from from ya kev man. :)

Susan

Apple sauce, plus some apple cider vinegar, simmer and reduce. When thickened, add some maple syrup and serve over the sliced pork. I never measure when I do stuff like this.....sorry.

TentHunter

I was thinking along the same lines as Susan only with one addition... SMOKE! Reduce it on the pit with some smoke. Apples take smoke really well and apples and pork go oh so well together. :cool:

sparky

Apple sauce, plus some apple cider vinegar, simmer and reduce. When thickened, add some maple syrup and serve over the sliced pork. I never measure when I do stuff like this.....sorry.

this is the ticket here. good advice from sue. what kind of pit are you cooking on kev man? i do like TH idea about the smoke. :cool:

HoDeDo

And anytime you are playing with an apple reduction, a tablespoon of Gentleman Jack does amazing things. :)

Did you know you can substitute JD for vanilla in any recipe? Same amount of alcohol to cook out, just a nice smoky flavor with the vanilla tones to boot. :)

sparky

And anytime you are playing with an apple reduction, a tablespoon of Gentleman Jack does amazing things. :)

Did you know you can substitute JD for vanilla in any recipe? Same amount of alcohol to cook out, just a nice smoky flavor with the vanilla tones to boot. :)

I like this idea alot.

Deb

Andy's going to get my boy in trouble :eek: .....

I talked with Kev today and he was going on a grocery store mission tonight

sparky

Andy's going to get my boy in trouble :eek: .....

i blame a lot on andy too. it works in my house. no dear, andy told me to do it. i use his SOW's sauce a lot so i figure as long as i keep buying it i can keep blaming andy for stuff. sorry andy. :cool:

Top Bottom