Beef Jerky

Kite

Sorry, no pics on this one. Just thought I would drop a line and tell you about my beef jerky. I made BPs recipe off the BP Smokers site - the first one on the list. Wow! It is awesome! I used bottom round steak and cut it against the grain. Then on the Memphis at 180 for 4 hours. I just took some pieces off that were a bit more done than the rest and it is awesome!!! Thanks BP!

Kite

I didn't take pics of yesterday's batch, but I have another batch to do today (Jan loves jerky and went a bit crazy at the store). I will shoot some pics of today's cook. I cut my strips into 1/4 by 1/4. They were short - only an inch or two because I used round steak and cut across the grain so they would be easy to eat. I pretty much used the recipe as it was presented except I used all gluten free products. I also used my frogmat - you really couldn't do it effectively without one. The flavor and texture was out of this world! This was one of the projects that I was really looking forward to when I bought the Memphis and it sure didn't disappoint.

Kite

Okay, ya all get 5 minutes of laughing and then I want SILENCE! I cooked my second batch of jerky last night and took some AWESOME pics. So then I go to upload this morning.. openned the camera door.. DANG! Where is the SD card?!?!?!?! !@$#!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!!! Oh, it is still plugged into the computer, yeah, that'll work! Sheesh, what a maroon!

But! There is some good news - they have london broil on sale this week at Slaveway! I'll get'em next time!

Top Bottom