Beef Ribs

Jonathan

Had a hankering for some beef ribs yesterday and made some up. Put a bit of Stubbs Spice Rub on them and slapped the lid closed on the MAK. Temp at 250F, set the alarm for 180 and left 'em 'till the beep beep beep started. Served 'em up topped with a bit O sauce along with some sweet corn and garlic infused heavy cream mashed taters. They tasted pretty good while watching the snow fall. The MAK cooled off and I got the cover back on just about 15 minutes before the snow started.

Jonathan

Thanks fellows. The ribs weren't bad at all. I literally popped them in the MAK at 250F closed the lid and left them. I drove upstate to pick up a new Sig Sauer and came home. The trip timed out perfectly, as when I came home a few hours later and went to the back deck to check on them, the Pellet Boss read 179F and changed to the alarm setting of 180F as I was looking at it. I simply opened up the MAK and put them on the tray. This cook proved one thing to me that I read somewhere on this forum about opening the smokers up. The cooks go faster if ya keep it simple and leave the smoker alone. The ribs cooked about an hour faster than I expected, and it had to be from leaving the lid closed the entire cook, because it was in the 20'sF here and, like I said, the beeper was literally going off as I looked at the Pellet Boss! I am glad the forum is here because I have picked up a lot of tips and between the info here and the MAK, my meats are getting to be consistently presentable! Who knows, I might actually get pretty good at this smoking thing with a coupe more years of practice! I am trying to talk a buddy of mine out of a couple of Sitka deer backstraps to try a reverse sear on, but so far he isn't coming off them!!

TentHunter

Jonathan said:
Who knows, I might actually get pretty good at this smoking thing with a coupe more years of practice!

I'd say you are well on your way! I absolutely love beef ribs. Now you got me wanting some!

Top Bottom