Beef Roast Recipes

Duke

I want to cook a beef roast this weekend on the MAK2 grill this weekend.

I haven't found any thing I liked so far.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Duke

TentHunter

After smoking for a while I often foil beef roasts with some onion slices; adds a nice flavor. Otherwise, FLbentRider has several great beef recipes up his sleeves.

SmokinMAK

I will season my roast with some Big Poppas Double Secret and some garlic pepper, and cook at 225 till internal temp of 165. Then I put it in an aluminum roasting pan with an onion, a couple bell peppers, some diced garlic, and even some jalapenos. Add some Worcestershire sauce and a bottle of beer, cover with foil and continue cooking at 275 till internal temp of between 195 and 200. I then shred the beef and serve on substantial rolls with either provolone or pepper jack cheese. My co-workers love when I make this, because they know I am going to be bringing leftovers into the office! The finished product below didn't have the good cheese, but all afterward did!

beef-and-veggies.jpg

beef-shredded1.jpg

sandwich.jpg

Deb

Duke -

What kind of beef roast are you doing? I do a chuck roast different than a sirloin or a prime rib.

FLBentRider

That is a great read, here's how I applied it:

Rub roast with Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, insert slivers of garlic.

I ran it on "smoke" (170-180F) on the MAK for 2 hours and then to 205F - The lower the temp,IMHO, the more even the cook.

Your target pull temp depends on your preferred final temp. We like Rare, so I pull it at 120F. (you can't un-cook it later!)

I then Foil, Towel, Cooler until 30 minutes before serving time. At that time, put it in an pre-heated MAK or house oven at 500F (or as close as you can get) for 10 minutes. Pull and rest 20 minutes, carve and serve. I can dig up some pics if you like.

If you are more of a medium crowd, adjust the first pull temp to 130F - I get about a 5 degree rise in IT from the 10 minute high-heat blast.

The ten minutes is for an average size rib roast, 5 to 9lbs. any larger and I would probably cut it in half.

Top Bottom