Beef Tenderloin

JimmyDings

I'm going to cook an approx 6 lb Beef Tenderloin on the Mak 2 Star on sunday. Although I may cut in half and save other part for another treat. Serving 4, but truly don't mind leftovers

I plan on marinading overnight using, beef broth,white vinegar, dark brown sugar and coke a cola.

Not sure what rub I may use as the big order of rubs has not arrived yet. Was thinking the Texas t bones rub.

I understand that these meats are very tender so they will cook fast.

Any ideas on cooking temp, approx idea for time and what flavor pellets to use?

Additionally, the recipe I'm using calls for an "int temp" of 155. I'm thinking that's borderline of being well done. I'm actually looking for med rare. So I was thing of cooking to 130 and letting it rest figuring it will rise to almost 140

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Jim aka JimmyDings

Last edited:

JimmyDings

Ty Poppa appreciate it

TentHunter, I only have Mesquite, Oak, Hickory, Sugar Maple, Apple, Cherry or Pecan......any other pics? Although I will get some Black Walnut for the future.....any Brand suggestions? All of my current pellets are BBQ Delight. Just checked Big Poppa's web site and I see the Walnut offered.....gonna order some

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:

TentHunter

Since Black Walnut is like a strong hickory, try a mix of 3/4 hickory and 1/4 Mesquite. I can see that mix working well for beef.

That's one of the beauties of pellets; They're east to measure out for custom mixes!

If you try this be sure to report how it turns out.

JimmyDings

going to give a report as soon as I figure out how to get pics into an existing post...but trust me it was awesome

Last edited:
Top Bottom