Big Poppa's Store (Brick and Mortar?)

SisInLaw

So I haven't discussed this with Poppa or anyone but has the notion of a real life store (or series of them like franchises) beyond the internet sales entered anyone's consciousnesses? Personally I'd love to walk into a nice clean place and pick up some grill grates, additional racks for my Memphis and a big ol' bunch of bbq sauces. I imagine the help would all be competition-level cooks and you could find out anything your little pea smoking brain could want right there on the sales floor.

Well?

El Guapo

Overhead would be the big issue. In Birmingham, AL, we don't have a dedicated grilling store of which I am aware. It would be great, but very specialized, and I wonder if it could be supported. Most places here that sell higher-end smokers and grills do it as an aside -- like a porch and patio store (there is even a pool supply store that carries some high-end grills and smokers). Problem there is the grill/smoker is it -- no supporting equipment, toys, chips/pellets or rubs and sauces.

If you guys actually set up a model, let me know. I would be interested to see if it would work.

squirtthecat

Same thing here... 3 Traeger dealers - one is also a meat packer/processing place, one is an Appliance sales/service store, and one is Scheels. The Big Egg Thing dealer sells high end fireplaces, patio furniture and custom lighting. True Value hardware stores schlep Weber gassers next to the grass seed & paint aisles. (and I saw an Egg Thing sitting in there the other day)

bbqslayer

Isn't there a franchise type store calle BBQ's Galore around somewhere? BP if you had one of everything that's on your site you'd fill up a showroom. Hey maybe add some music stuff and call it sticks and strings?

Top Bottom