Birthday BBQ for some close friends

RGrunz

Today is my 67th birthday... I am celebrating by cooking some very special burgers for my guests. I have a local butcher that has ground some "prime" angus beef combined with just a hink of ground bacon to make burgers that are to die for. I sprinkle them with a very light dusting of sweet mesquite seasoning. The Traeger will be burning a blend of mesquite and apple. The flavor profile that pellet cooking adds to this most excellent meat should impress the most critical of palettes. I promise to post some pics later... I am serving nearly 50 and I hope I have enough beer ;-)

Rip

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you've got a tasty cook planned. Sparky, I dunno, 50 people? Might be time to dole out the kids beer instead of FT! :)

CarterQ

Happy Birthday! I love cooking for myself and friends on my Birthday, the best gift is seeing all the smiles as they enjoy the food you cooked. Hope you have a great little bash!

RGrunz

Thanks Everyone

Thanks everyone, for all the great birthday wishes.... It appears that the party was far more successful than I anticipated. The Ralph got overserved, imagine that ;-), and did not photographically document the event.

I too love my FT, and I am a little selfish with it; reserving it for closest of buds.... The party beverage of choice here is Yuengling.... It's pretty good beer and it doesn't break the bank. Just to give you an idea of the scale, the empties completely filled one of my trash barrels.... That sets a new record for the annual birthday soiree.

All of us in this forum know how good food tastes from a pellet grill. Most of my guests have pretty upscale bbq equipment; but almost everyone of them was unable to conceal their envy for my Traeger. In fact, I think I might have a couple prospects to buy mine and I can get a MAK... Now that would be an awesome birthday present. I love my Traeger, but it's kind of like the first wife..... you know,the one you call a "training wife" ....

Top Bottom