Bison sirloin and Pop's Steak Rub

txpgapro

I wanted to try my latest new rub purchase, Big Poppa Smokers Double Secret Steak Rub. So I picked up a nice Angus NY Strip for the wife, and. Bison Rib-Eye for me. Never had bought either one before, but I think it's worth it. Occasionally anyway. Bison is very rich and almost sweet, deep blood red in color. Anyway, spritzed the steaks with EVOO and sprinkled both sides with the rub. Let it rest for about an hour while the corn in the husks were in the grill. As they finished, I turned up the heat to 550* and put the GrillGrates in. Seared the steaks for 90 seconds and turned 1/4 turn and continued another 90 seconds before flipping and repeating. Unbelievable!!! Great meat and a great rub! I took the steaks off to rest for about 5 minutes before serving. Prior to serving I spritzed with a little butter and then dusted with Big Poppa's Finishing Rub. Wow! Really good stuff! I highly recommend both rubs.

View attachment 1525View attachment 1526

Chili Head

Wow nice job!
I really like double secret as well but I've never used happy ending on a steak like you did. I may have to give that a whirl!

Top Bottom