bps gets fifth rgc of the year at Arvada Colorado

Big Poppa

Administrator
A balky chicken call kept us from a gc....but we managed to get another rgc for our fifth.
I just did our gc/rgc percentage for the year and it is 62% of comps entered...We are having a great season!

Big Poppa

Administrator
balky chicken call
balk·y
ˈbôkē/
adjectiveUS
adjective: balky; comparative adjective: balkier; superlative adjective: balkiest; adjective: baulky; comparative adjective: baulkier; superlative adjective: baulkiest

reluctant; uncooperative.
"he was trying to get his balky horse to move"

AKA 18th place out of 26 and just as good as the week befores 2nd. Must have been a norcal table! hahahaha

scooter

You guys will bounce back at Alamosa. You've not needed to change anything flavor profile wise competing in CO?

Big Poppa

Administrator
I dont change anywhere I go....very big mistake Im pretty fortunate in that the flavor profiles I use I created and a ton of cooks are using them in every state.\
I think that I have cooked over 100 comps now...so Ive learned that your results are controlled by your consistency It's all about the details and tenderness first.

The teams that think an rgc needs a bounce back or change after a bad result on a table usually get pretty messed up

You will get just as many great tables as poor ones...its about surviving the poor ones which we did this week and were very happy. THe set up works in the cooks favor...you get to keep the overjudged or angel tables. The bad tables dont count anyways.

Scooter I think that we could contend If I could cook the marathon but unless you can afford the time and money to do 35 you have no chance, I am 6th and have had 13 cooks. I will only get to cook 20 that count this year. Just trying to hang in the top ten and be number one with 25 or fewer cooks.

scooter

I meant your chicken scores would bounce back, not overall results.
Yeah, wish we could afford to do more comps for consistency sake. Our brisket nearly sunk us at Rohnert Park and it's been consistently scoring in the 170 range. I thought it was another great brisket entry. Fully expected a top 5 call but landed 14th. We won GC by one point. That table was crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom