Brother, can you Spare a bite?

squirtthecat

3 STL spares, membranes zipped off, and rubbed up with Chicken Rub #5. (a Jan's Rub derivative)

IMGP2329.JPG

IMGP2330.JPG

In the Traeger at 245-ish°. They are pretty fatty, so I'll flip them part way through the cook to render some of that out.

IMGP2332.JPG

I'll trim off the flaps for tasters, and the racks are for the guy taking care of MIL's property.

--

3 hour mark. Time to spritz.

IMGP2334.JPG

--

Time to mix up some glaze.

IMGP2336.JPG

This guy got done early.

IMGP2337.JPG

Foiled and resting in my Samsbro.

IMGP2342.JPG

My Sentry is more interested in the neighbor's squirrels than the subject at hand.

IMGP2345.JPG

The stragglers are coming along nicely.

IMGP2349.JPG

We'll call them done.

IMGP2351.JPG

Everyone is now wrapped and resting. I'll chill them overnight and then vacuum seal tomorrow.

The end trimmings I sampled were mighty tasty. I think this 'chicken' rub will work nicely.

Chili Head

I use apple cider vinegar in my blues hog too but I've not used balsamic. I need to try that! I love the color you got on those. Nice job!

Zephyr

Your right Chili, I like the color on there too. I also love that little char scattered around! :p .................... ZEP

ACW3

STC,
You really nailed it!! They look great!! Was the balsamic straight, not flavored? I have been collecting a bunch of different flavored balsamic vinegars for different uses. Tha's why I asked.

Art

squirtthecat

STC,
You really nailed it!! They look great!! Was the balsamic straight, not flavored? I have been collecting a bunch of different flavored balsamic vinegars for different uses. Tha's why I asked.

Art

Straight up Balsamic. This is the cheap stuff from the store. (not that it is exactly 'cheap')

I was going to use Apple Cider vinegar, but it is in a fresh gallon jug buried under the kitchen sink. I didn't feel like moving boxes of trash bags and various cleaning supplies to get to it. ;)

TentHunter

Looking real good!

I normally use Apple Cider Vinegar as a part of the braising liquid. I'm going to have to give the balsamic a try too.

Top Bottom