Burnt Papa Murphy's Pizza

nileriver

I have cooked pizzas from Costco and Walmart that turned out OK. Tonight I tried my first Papa Murphy's pizza and the bottom burnt. I cooked the pizza at 425 and removed it from the sheet after 5 minutes. At the 11 minute mark I pulled the pizza from the grill and the bottom was burnt. I also tried their cookies at 375 and the bottom got burnt as well. I did all of the cooking on the bottom shelf. I ready that cooking pizza on an upper rack would be helpful. Any suggestions on how to cook their pizzas?

nileriver

On our MAK 375° on the top shelf for around 18 - 20 minutes seems to work well for us. If doing two pizzas, we put on on top, one on bottom and swap them after about 8 - 9 minutes, cook for another 8 - 9 minutes.

BTW - We to like thicker pan style crust, so we cook ours on pizza pans with a little olive oil.

http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pelletsmoking-com-gallery-10/holiday-pizza-mak-7012/

Hope this helps!

Once I purchase an upper grill grate I will have to try that. Thanks.

mrbbq

Nileriver--- did you cook the pizza with or without the FlameZone covers on? When you are Baking--like pizzas, breads, etc, it's important to remember to keep the covers on to prevent burning. If you have a 1 Star, probably need to just turn down the temperature a bit. At least you know that you CAN bake on your MAK. And that's a good thing!

mrbbq

I have cooked pizzas from Costco and Walmart that turned out OK. Tonight I tried my first Papa Murphy's pizza and the bottom burnt. I cooked the pizza at 425 and removed it from the sheet after 5 minutes. At the 11 minute mark I pulled the pizza from the grill and the bottom was burnt. I also tried their cookies at 375 and the bottom got burnt as well. I did all of the cooking on the bottom shelf. I ready that cooking pizza on an upper rack would be helpful. Any suggestions on how to cook their pizzas?

You should always cook a take 'n bake pizza ON the pan it comes in. Removing the pizza from the pan is why the bottom burnt.

BBQJUDGE

I've cooked several Papa Murphy's at 425 on the lower grill, but I put a pizza stone on the grill before I start it up and let the pizza stone warm up with the grill. The pizzas turn out great.

onionhead

I cook Pappa Murphy's Pizza several times per month. I preheat to 425F with a thin-crust pizza on top and bottom. I make sure the edge is, at least, two inches from the edge and pull the bottom one at ten minutes. Then, I put the top one on the bottom for 4 more minutes. This has worked really well for us, and the pizza is soon gone. Our family loves it! BTW, I am not an expert on pizza, but my daughter-in-law has taught me well.

Top Bottom