Cedar Plank Steelhead Trout

I won't bother with screen shots of below zero temps. It's still winter here in Minnesota.
Might as well cook, it makes me feel warmer.
Here is a shot of Memphis headquarters.

Fish always reminds me of warmer times. I picked up some steelhead trout at Sam's and got some cedar planks soaking.

I removed the skin from the fillets, (I wanted the cedar to flavor up through the fish). If anyone has a trick for removing the skin, other than a sharp knife and a steady hand, I would love to hear it.
I rubbed the fish with salt, pepper, lemon pepper,sage and brown sugar. I also made up some citrus butter, wth the zest from a lemon, lime and an orange, and some of the juice from the lime and lemon. I brushed the citrus butter on the fish as it was cooking on the grill.

For a side I decided to do roasted root vegetables.The recipe called for yams, carrots, red onions, and parsnips. I couldn't find parsnips so I substitued rutabaga.
Coated the root veggies in EVOO and basamic vinegar 2 to 1 oil to balsamic, sea salt and pepper. The person who gave me the recipe suggested to cook the vegetables in the pan with parchment paper. It worked nicely, no sticking to the pan. Cooked the veggies at 375 deg. for 30-40 min.

Here are the steelhead fillets on the Pro at 375 deg.

Plated with a little salad. Nice hearty comfort food for a cold winters meal.

HTS

Darwin00537

Very nice. I'm gonna link this to the wife to see if she wants to give this meal a try. Thanks for the detail on how you prepared it.

Top Bottom