Char Siu

Lothar1974

Thought I'd try something different today. Had some pre-mixed package stuff that a friend swears by, so I figured why not, plus I am lazy today :)
Baby Backs in Char Siu marinade for 6 hours. Put them on the pit on at 12:30 PM CT on smoke 180. Bumped them up to 225 at 2PM CT.

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

scooter

I've done those. They came out quite good. It's amazing how much flavor that marinade adds in a short period of time. For a rib glaze/sauce I used the same cherry sauce my favorite Chinese restaurant serves with their egg rolls. They make it in house and it's fantastic and worked very well as a glaze/sauce for the ribs. Just basted them with the cherry sauce and set in the pit for about 20 mins. You could also grill them over charcoal to carmelize the cherry sauce.

Last edited:

Lothar1974

No amount of low and slow could have helped this pre-mixed marinade. It was OK but not much flavor.
DSC00628_zps8661b221.jpg

DSC00633_zpsd89451c2.jpg

I tried another batch and let it marinade for almost 2 days, still not much flavor, used some rib trimmings.
DSC00018.jpg

Sorry for the delay, been super busy, have a 16 month old little man and a 4 year old princess. :)

Last edited:

muebe

No problem Lothar ;)

My son will be two years old on the 29th of this month and my daughter turned four on July 6th. So I feel your pain... But it is a good pain ;)

Top Bottom